On 1 November 2019, Bilborough College converted to a 16-19 Academy and joined the Better Futures Multi-Academy Trust (BFMAT) which is sponsored by Coventry University.
BFMAT is the first University sponsored MAT focused on Sixth Form Education and Sixth Form Colleges (SFCs) in particular. Over 70% of all SFC students’ progress to University each year and when there outperform cohorts from the school or the General Further Education Sector. The objective of the Trust is to build on this and strengthen provision to all Academies within the Trust to improve student outcomes and enable them to contribute to each local community.
The Bilborough College Local Governing Body (LGB) is a sub-Committee of the BFMAT and operates within the context of a written scheme of delegation.
The role of the LGB includes:
– overseeing the development and delivery of an academy strategy;
– providing robust challenge and scrutiny of quality;
– supporting and strengthening leadership by holding the Principal to account for the performance of students and staff.
The LGB is active in developing close relationships with local stakeholders, and particularly with students, parents and staff.
Meet the Governors
All our Governors are listed below and you can read their profiles by clicking on the links.
- NICOLA HARROLD – Chair of Governors
- DAVID SHAW – Principal
- DR RORY WATERMAN – Vice Chair
- ZAMEER SYED – Independent Member
- SCOTT COWIE – Independent Member
- SHIV NAND – Independent Member
- SHANINE FASASI – Independent Member
- SHEILAGH RESNICK – Independent Member
- KARLEE WILDGOOSE – Support Staff Governor
- SARAH WHITNEY – Staff Governor
- DANIELLE PRITCHARD – Independent Member
- JOSHUA EATON – Student Governor
- OSCAR HEWITT-RICHARDS – Student Governor
- ANOUSHKA BOLD – Vice Chair
- DAVID MCGRAVIE – Independent Member
- CHRIS HULSE – Independent Member
Details of individuals that support our Governors in governance at the College but who are not Governors themselves:
- Claire Bailey – Clerk to the Corporation
Transparency is key to ensuring honesty and openness in Local Governing Body matters. The following documents give further information on the business, pecuniary and personal interests declared by Governors, and their terms of appointment.
- BFMAT Financial Statements 2019-20
- Bilborough College – LGB-Membership-2021-22
- BFMAT SoD at July 2021
- Bilborough College Meeting Schedule 2021-22
- Bilborough College – Governor-Summary-DOI-2020-21
Joining the LGB
We are always keen to hear from individuals who may be interested in serving on the LGB. There are many reasons why this voluntary role might appeal and the Board values a diversity of opinion, recognising the value this brings.
Your motivation might be to make a positive professional development step by enhancing your leadership skills, or you may have significant levels of expertise that the Board can benefit from. Being a Governor also presents an opportunity to give back to the local community and make a positive contribution to the education of young people, in turn driving employability and raising aspirations.
An inclusive LGB composed of Governors who bring a diverse range of skills, experiences, qualifications, characteristics and perspectives will have a positive impact on setting the strategic direction of the College. The LGB therefore actively encourage volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and perspectives in order to reflect the communities it serves.
We are recruiting Governors to our Local Governing Body. Click the link for more details.
If you are interested in becoming a Governor on the LGB, please contact the Clerk for further information.
Phone: 0115 8515000
Email: [email protected]