Our links with Parents and Carers are very important to us. On this page, we aim to provide relevant and current information for you about life at college. Additional support can be found in our Student Support Booklet September 2023-2024.
Parent/Carer Safeguarding Evening
- MHST Mental Health Video
- Online Safety Video
- What a parent carer should know about Pornography
- Harmful Sexual Behaviours and Peer on Peer Abuse
- Parent Safeguarding Online Event YGAM – Gaming and Gambling
- YGAM is a national charity with a social purpose to inform, educate, safeguard, and build digital resilience amongst young and vulnerable people, helping them to make informed decisions and understand consequences around gambling and gaming.
- Supporting Young LGBTQI People
- Radicalisation and Extremism
- Safeguarding Young People with Additional Needs
Parent/Carer Feedback – What we do well and what we can do better
We hope that your young person is happy at college and that we are doing all we can to ensure they are well supported and on track to reach their full potential.
It is important that you have the opportunity to give us your views on all aspects of college life. We are interested in hearing about what we do well, as well as any concerns you may have. We promise to listen carefully to any issues you raise and to do our very best to put things right or improve our practice where there is a need.
In the first instance you might like to contact your child’s Personal Tutor.
You will find alternative contacts on our contact us page and you can be assured we will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the person best suited to deal with it.
Parents and Carers can access information about their young person through CEDAR https://cedar.bilborough.ac.uk/auth/login
The information includes timetable, attendance, exam timetable, progress etc. You receive an email link when your child has started the academic year to access CEDAR. If you do not receive an email, we probably don’t have an e-mail address for you – please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will start the set-up process for you.
It is vitally important that students attend all lessons and tutorial sessions. However, if absence is necessary then we ask that parents/carers notify us on each day of the absence via the ‘absence reporting system’ on CEDAR. Alternatively, email email@example.com
Payments for trips, visits and resources can be made through Wisepay. Please contact the college if you have any questions.
To view our general policies, please follow this link.