On 1 November 2019, Bilborough College converted to a 16-19 Academy and joined the Better Futures Multi-Academy Trust (BFMAT) which is sponsored by Coventry University.
BFMAT is the first University sponsored MAT focused on Sixth Form Education and Sixth Form Colleges (SFCs) in particular. Over 70% of all SFC students’ progress to University each year and when there outperform cohorts from the school or the General Further Education Sector. The objective of the Trust is to build on this and strengthen provision to all Academies within the Trust to improve student outcomes and enable them to contribute to each local community.
The Bilborough College Local Governing Body (LGB) is a sub-Committee of the BFMAT and operates within the context of a written scheme of delegation.
The role of the LGB includes:
– overseeing the development and delivery of an academy strategy;
– providing robust challenge and scrutiny of quality;
– supporting and strengthening leadership by holding the Principal to account for the performance of students and staff.
The LGB is active in developing close relationships with local stakeholders, and particularly with students, parents and staff.
Meet the Governors
All our Governors are listed below and you can read their profiles by clicking on the links.
- NICOLA HARROLD – Chair of Governors
- DAVID SHAW – Principal
- DOUG INGRAM – Independent Member
- DR PAULA HOLT MBE – Independent Member
- DR RORY WATERMAN – Independent Member
- ZAMEER SYED – Independent Member
- SCOTT COWIE – Independent Member
- SHIV NAND – Independent Member
- SHANINE FASASI – Independent Member
- SHEILAGH RESNICK – Independent Member
- KARLEE WILDGOOSE – Support Staff Governor
- SARAH WHITNEY – Staff Governor
- DANIELLE PRITCHARD – Independent Member
Details of individuals that support our Governors in governance at the College but who are not Governors themselves:
- Andy Messent – Parent Governor
- Claire Bailey – Clerk to the Corporation
- Billy Watson – Student Governor
- Ramina Rayati Tournaposhti – Student Governor
- Anoushka Bold – Parent Governor
Transparency is key to ensuring honesty and openness in Local Governing Body matters. The following documents give further information on the business, pecuniary and personal interests declared by Governors, and their terms of appointment.
Joining the LGB
We are always keen to hear from individuals who may be interested in serving on the LGB. There are many reasons why this voluntary role might appeal and the Board values a diversity of opinion, recognising the value this brings.
Your motivation might be to make a positive professional development step by enhancing your leadership skills, or you may have significant levels of expertise that the Board can benefit from. Being a Governor also presents an opportunity to give back to the local community and make a positive contribution to the education of young people, in turn driving employability and raising aspirations.
We are recruiting Governors to our Local Governing Body. Click the link for more details.
If you are interested in becoming a Governor on the LGB, please contact the Clerk for further information.
Phone: 0115 8515000
Email: [email protected]